How To Use Neteller To Make Online Bingo Deposits
Having difficulties making bingo deposits with your debit or credit card? There are plenty of other options out there—you may already be familiar with other forms of depositing, such as Boku or BT Landline. But did you know there was yet another easy and secure way of making deposits? Read on to find out more...
What is Neteller?
Neteller is an e-money/e-wallet service, that allows you to transfer and withdraw money online. This popular payment service has been in the market for over 10 years, and most bingo sites now accept it as a form of payment.
Neteller is a quick, easy, and—most importantly—secure way to make bingo deposits. It can also be used for online shopping and even for everyday uses. Neteller is available in over 200 countries and accepts 22 different currencies—making it a very versatile payment option!
You can deposit money into your Neteller account using a variety of methods, including MasterCard, Visa, and Boku.
How does it work?
To be able to deposit to a bingo site, you first need to make a deposit into your Neteller account. You could, for example, use your debit card to deposit £10 into your Neteller account, and then use this to make a £10 deposit on your favourite bingo site.
Depending on the deposit method you choose, it can take up to 24 hours to make a deposit to your Neteller account. You can make withdrawals using Neteller, but you should be aware that some sites will charge you for this. How much you are charged varies on the site you’re using and how quickly you need the withdrawal to be processed, but the fee is typically only a small percentage.
Neteller gives its users a buffer between their banking details and bingo sites. When you use your debit card to make deposits, multiple sites will have your details. When you use Neteller, however, only Neteller has access to your details. This makes Neteller a good option for anyone concerned about their online security.
- Sign up for an account by going to Neteller’s website.
- Enter your details: email, name, address, choice of currency, etc.
- Choose a secure and memorable password and choose three security questions.
- You will be given a 12-digit account ID which you can use to log in to your account, and a 6-digit secure ID which you will need to use for some transactions.
- Using the ‘money in’ tab, you can make a deposit to your Neteller account.
- Once the money is deposited into your Neteller account, all you have to do is go to the bingo site, and select Neteller as your ‘preferred method of payment’ when you go to make a bingo deposit.
Other Neteller Services
Neteller offers customers a choice of two cards. One is a physical, plastic card for everyday uses, and the other is a virtual card.
- Net+ Prepaid MasterCard is accepted as a normal MasterCard payment card. You can use it in any store that accepts MasterCard - providing you with a way to use Neteller offline. It’s available in over 100 countries and 8 currencies.
Net+ Virtual Card is a virtual card that works in the same way as the one above. You can use it on any site that accepts MasterCard. You can have up to 5 active virtual cards at once—all for different uses!
The purpose of both cards is to keep your bank details secure. By using them, you make sure that no sites or merchants have your banking details because you’re using a secure Neteller account.
Neteller also offers users the ability to be a part of their exclusive VIP program. This is only really relevant to people who spend and transfer a lot of money in one year. The numbers listed below, are calculated by the amount transferred to a merchant per calendar year.
- Bronze VIP = £10,000
- Silver = £50,000
- Gold = £100,000
- Platinum = £500,000
- Diamond VIP = £2,000,000
Some of the advantages to being a part of the VIP program are its fraud guarantee, discounted deposits, next-day payouts and loyalty reward points. Of course, if you’re only using Neteller for bingo deposits, you probably won’t ever use it enough to qualify for the program. But who knows—if you scored a win as huge as bingo millionaire grandma Christine Johnstone, then you might find yourself sitting in the Diamond VIP club before long!
- Convenience: Neteller remembers your card details, so all you need to do is log in and you’re free to deposit!
- Global: it’s available in over 200 countries and 22 currencies.
- Speed: withdraw cash in just 24-48 hours.
- Security: only Neteller has access to your payment details, rather than several different sites. This gives you an extra buffer between you and the bingo site. Neteller is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
- Variety: you can use a variety of methods to make deposits into a Neteller account, such as Visa, MasterCard, and even Boku.
- Extra benefits: they offer users promotions and rewards. Their VIP program is also great for people who transfer a lot of money within a year.
- Cost-effective: their exchange rates are relatively cheap, which is great if you want to deposit/transfer money internationally. You can even make use of their low-cost prepaid Neteller cards.
- Issues with accessibility: you have to make an online account first, and then deposit into your Neteller account before making a bingo deposit. Though Neteller claims to be mobile-friendly, there’s no app version yet.
- Cost: funding a Neteller account can cost you a fee of between 0-20%, depending on your choice of deposit method. Fees are also charged for instant withdrawals from your bank at 1.50%. If your account is inactive for 14 months, Neteller starts to charge you £1.80 per month afterwards.
- Too much effort: whilst Neteller can act as a security buffer, it also acts as a middleman. If you just want to make your deposits, then depositing by credit or debit card is usually a quicker and simpler option.
What Bingo Websites Accept Neteller?
Not all sites accept Neteller just yet, though—to find out which sites do, check out our listings.
Should you start using Neteller? It all depends on what your needs are. If you need instant purchases, low exchange rates and an extra layer of security then Neteller might be for you. As an added bonus, it’s not just for bingo—you can also use it for all your everyday needs thanks to the Net+ MasterCard.
Of course, you can just keep things simple by sticking to depositing with your debit or credit card, or even just PayPal—with these methods, you know you won’t be charged extra fees.
Want to find out more? Check out the Neteller website.
Interested in a few security tips? Check out our 9 Signs of a Safe and Trustworthy Bingo Site, helping you stay security-conscious!